Monday, November 10, 2014

THE BRAND COLLECTIVE



At The Brand Collective, it’s our job to be fun, creative, and overall, free thinkers.

It’s a fantastic place to come into work everyday. However, I don’t always have that opportunity. I am a Copy and Marketing Coordinator for the BC Team and I currently work from Orlando, Florida for the next few months until I move to the great city of Miami, where our office resides.






How does this arrangement work, you may ask? Well, a lot like a long-distance relationship. Lots of Skype calls, emails, and online interaction to keep the communication afloat, but every once in awhile, I have the chance to come down and work from the offices alongside my team. Luckily, that was the case last week.

I happened to come during the best and most chaotic times in the event season, Halloween. After months of planning it was time to see all of our hard work come to life. We had two parties that week, the highly anticipated Baoli Miami's Feast of the Imaginarium and Roberto Cavalli's Jungle Halloween party. With the run of show in one hand and comfortable flats in the other, myself and the BC Team got to work. I don't know what it is about working events, but I thrive in the excitement and mayhem of the moment. In order to be successful at events you have to think on your feet, work well with people, and problem solve like no other. 

Our first event Feast of the Imaginarium went off without a hitch! Lots of man hours when into getting everything planned and set up, but once we got up and running the event was flawless! Umbrella draped skies, flashing clouds, stilt walkers, and an array of other entertainers and eccentric decor made the world of Salvador Dali come to life. It was amazing to see our vision executed and the guests, locals and celebrities alike, having the time of their life! Cavalli's party however did not start off as flawlessly. One of our vendors was a no-show, so there was a lot of scrambling, but overall my team made what we had work. At the end of the day we pulled it off and you would've never even known we broke a sweat! 

It was an incredibly rewarding and exciting week of party planning and party going. I love what I do and the people I work with. I know this isn't the average situation, so I feel incredibly blessed to say I truly admire and enjoy the team I work with. I believe that the events were as successful as they were because of how well we work together. It definitely takes on a whole new meaning when you’re sitting in front of your computer, without the encouragement and inspiration of your peers. I’m counting down the days until I officially move back into my desk at The Brand Collective, and create innovative work along side my talented team.


Roberto Cavalli Jungle





Baoli Miami's Feast of the Imaginarium







*photos courtesy of TBC 













No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Sabrina Captures © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat

//]]>